Re: Zoom!

Karl J. runge (runge@jfku.edu)
Sat, 3 May 1997 10:54:16 -0700

On Sat, 3 May 1997, nelson@media.mit.edu (Nelson Minar) wrote:
> This is exciting! I'm thinking of doing some sort of nifty-keen Java
> visualization to show off the coolness of what we're doing. Are the
> logfiles public information or can I only work with the data on the
> web pages?

Hi, I'm the one who has volunteered to rework the log parsing and have
signed a NDA with Rocke to get the raw log files (which contain IP's of
the anonymous users).

I wanted to be further along, but have had an AWFUL past week (ISP
probs and help fix a hosed Sparc at my wife's work...). But I'd like
to try to crank on it this weekend. I have contacted Rocke about
getting some more info and latest logs.

If we design this thing well (hey, it could happen!) my perl scripts
will put out some basic HTML ala a trimmed down Solnet, BUT also
provide some flat files of data one's Java, etc, cool programs to
enhance the visualization.

I have kept everyone's suggestions for stats from last week and am
starting to look them over. Anybody who as some suggestions please
send them in.

Wish me luck!

Karl

Karl J. Runge -- Linux: it's the Real thing -- runge@crl.com
-- http://www.crl.com/~runge
Cleanliness is next to emptiness. (510)-516-7127