Re: Zoom!

Sat, 3 May 1997 14:46:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 3 May 1997, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

> - but it's close. They're at 2.4% and we should be over 3% now. We
> need to keep recruiting.

This point can't be emphazised enough. Even ignoring SolNet, we need more
cycles. We've broken the 1-year to 50% barrier, but that's still a loooong
time.

> Everyone, make announcements anywhere you think its appropriate to do
> so. Has anyone made any announcement in say, c.o.linux.announce? I
> made one in c.o.os2.announce.

I had originally submitted a post to cola. However, the moderators
rejected it because they had just posted something about an RC5 crack, and
felt it was too similar. Apparently, they just posted another RC5 message
due to the first effort stopping. All I can guess is the the moderators
are biased towards the RC5 groups. I don't see how they can justify
posting twice about RC5, but refusing to postabout DESCHALL because it's
too similar.

I never received a response to the mail I sent them explaining the
difference.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
1 + 1 = 3, for large enough values of 1.