Re: For the FAQ (Keeping live connection)

Dave Avery (cwax@pacbell.net)
Sat, 03 May 1997 21:46:15 -0700

Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

> On Sat, 03 May 1997 20:55:25 -0700, dave avery wrote:
>
> >Mikael Brown wrote:
> >> For OS/2 boxed
> >> <somebody can suggest something here>
> > If you use the In-Joy dialer instead of the IBM dialer you
> >can do dial-on-demand with the timeout set to 3 min, and the dialer will
> >dial when deschall tries to contact the server and
> >hang-up after 3 min of inactivity. ( works OK here)
>
> Note that this requires buying an advanced version of In-Joy (at least
> that's what someone told me). It at the very least requires
> registration of In-Joy.
>
> Colin L. Hildinger
>
> Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
> http://www.os2ezine.com/
>
> The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page
> http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html
>
> The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page
> http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html

It does require the $35.00 "advanced" version ( actually just a reg key)
so for $15.00 more you get a hot dialer. If you are trying to reduce the
connect time I personally think $15.00 is a great deal. ( I paid it Just
to allow around the clock deschall running on this machine ( P90 ).

dave