Re: Irix 5.3

Mark G. Scheuern (mgscheue@Oakland.edu)
Sun, 4 May 1997 11:00:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Ryan D Pierce wrote:

> I've got access to a bunch of SGI boxen, but alas, they run Irix 5.3,
> and I only see a client port for Irix 6.2.
>
> Does anyone have a client? If not, I'd be more than happy to compile/port
> it, and make the client available.

One of our SGIs is still running 5.3, and I'm running the irix6.2 client
on it with no problems. Performance is pretty unspectacular: I'm getting
about 190 Kkeys/s on a 200 MHz R4400 (Indigo2). I'm really looking
forward to the 64-bit code for the R10000 machines, but I hope someone is
able to squeeze more performance out of the 32-bit Irix code, too.

Mark