Re: MacOS Client

andrew meggs (insect@antennahead.com)
Sun, 4 May 1997 18:13:55 -0400

At 2:35 PM -0700 5/4/97, Bean Burrito wrote:
> I would also like to know, but for a different reason. I am
>running this program in a lab setting and would like it logging to a file
>rather than to the screen so that users do not try and quit the program
>so often. Is there a guide to the things that you can put in the Mac
>DES prefs file? There are only two items in the file when I d/led it.
>How can I specify an outfile?

You can run the current client with no preference file, and it'll ask for
a command line and where to send output. Currently, those are the only two
things that can be put into the pref file.

As a future direction for the MacOS client, how many people would be
interested in a faceless background app that wrote only to a file and
didn't open any windows or appear in the applications menu? Just drop it in
your startup items folder and forget about it...

Andrew Meggs, content provider Antennahead Industries, Inc.
<mailto:insect@antennahead.com> <http://www.antennahead.com>