Re: MacOS Client

Aaron Whiteman (aaronpw@mail.wsu.edu)
Sun, 4 May 1997 15:51:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 4 May 1997, andrew meggs wrote:

> As a future direction for the MacOS client, how many people would be
> interested in a faceless background app that wrote only to a file and
> didn't open any windows or appear in the applications menu? Just drop it in
> your startup items folder and forget about it...

Sounds good to me, but one feature I would like to see in the client: A
"quit" that quits at the end of the key block the machine is currently
processing.

My mac runs with -20 friendliness at night, with nothing else
on (even the finder is killed). In the morning, when I have to use the
machine, I must restart to get my extensions back, and hate to kill the
app while it is working on a 2^30 block. BTW waiting for the block to
finish doesnt work because it grabs another block before i can kill it.

Aaron
join the $10,000 challenge! Help deschall crack DES, proving we need more
security on the web.... <http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm>