Re: Rolling out the new clients

Mon, 5 May 1997 09:39:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Dan Oetting wrote:

> It's disappointing that the rate that new clients are developed and
> released is not much higher.

Well, part of the problem that you're not seeing *more* clients is that
we've basically covered everything. There are still a number of requests
for some less-common platforms (yes, someone has asked for an Amiga
version :-), but noone has offered guest accounts. The motivation for
providing more clients right now is low, as their number are few.

The actualy work to port a client isn't very difficult. I think the
Alpha and Mac versions were the only non-trivial ports, and even they
didn't turn out too be too bad.

As for *new* clients, well, there are already some people working on at,
and more may be joining in shortly. I've already made a few of the
suggested changes, the rest shouldn't be too horribly difficult.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
To do is to be. -- Nietzsche
To be is to do. -- Sartre
Do be do be do. -- Sinatra