Re: DESCHALL runs wild when run under nohup?

speed@ns.connext.net
Mon, 5 May 1997 14:56:50 -0400

I doubt it was a problem with the Sparc client. More likely, the
sysadmin was viewing the amount of process time being used up by the
program. He probably freaked out - since it is hard to notice at
first glance that the client is designed to back off when other
processes demand the CPU.

You could try nicing the process way down but I think the best thing
would be to explain it in detail to your sysadmin and see if he would
be willing to run it.

- Mark