Re: DESCHALL runs wild when run under nohup?

Lee Sheridan (lsherida@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us)
Mon, 5 May 1997 15:35:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Rodney R. Korte wrote:

> My best advice is to suggest to BCPL that they find a competent
> system administrator. At least this one didn't mention that
> s/he was worried about the CPU being broken from overuse. :-)
> (That story killed me!)

I appreciate everyone's support and I am learning much about UNIX that I
never knew before, but I would like to say this. I have to defend my
sysadmin, he usually does know what he is doing. I can't say that he is
terribly jovial, but that doesn't imply ignorance. He's had to deal with
several denial-of-service attacks recently, both intentional and
unintentional, and I would be grumpy too. <g> And I should have sent him
a note warning him that I would be running DESCHALL, but I never got
around to it.

Oh, and are you implying that I CAN'T break my CPU because of overuse? >:)

-Lee

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~lsherida/

lsherida@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us
lee.sheridan@f563.n109.z1.fidonet.org