RE: Win95 non-command-shell version?

Michael R. McClelland (drizzt@iaonline.com)
Mon, 5 May 1997 19:00:19 -0500

Just so we don't end up with some annoying flying Keys animation to
represent progress.
mike-mcclelland@usa.net
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1124/
The Lightning in a BrainStorm is caused by Eclectricity

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott McIntyre [SMTP:smcintyr@eden.rutgers.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 1997 4:10 PM
To: Deschall List
Subject: Win95 non-command-shell version?

Any chance of there ever existing a version that looks a little like
a windows program? I know with borland c you can (in theory) use
some kind of wizard to throw a wrapper on straight unix c code. I
don't know whether this would cause a large speed slowdown, but
it would make the client much friendlier to use.

The particular situation that I run into is that you have to CTRL-C to exit
and
a lot of people (non-deschall affiliated) don't realize that. So they try
to exit this running program and Windows tells them they can't. They
go ask the lab assistant and I get flak for it. If they could just kill
it
easily that would be great.

It seems like an easy thing to do, but it may not be worth the
performance hit. (Plus you need a windoze programmer to do it)

Scott McIntyre
smcintyr@eden.rutgers.edu
DES Rutgers - http://nowhammy.dorm.rutgers.edu - Break the Code