RE: What is out Computering power?

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Mon, 05 May 97 23:14:32 -0500

On Mon, 05 May 1997 23:17:44 -0400, Dennis Okon wrote:

>>My PPro 200 is doing 2^30 complementary pairs in 2240 seconds. That
>>works out to 950 kkeys/second.
>
>I was just wondering, isn't this rathe rslow for a PPro 200? My P5 200
>(Win95) is averaging 2^30 comp. pairs in 2140 seconds when I'm not doing
>anything.

Nope, the P5 is faster than the P6 at DES.

>Also, I had a thought: We're getting most of our computing power from
>universities. What's going to happen when schools start letting out in the
>next few weeks?

Well, there are two possibilities:

a) The #'s will go way down.
b) People will be able to run it on hundreds of lab machines all day
long.

They'll (hopefully) cancel each other out.

Colin L. Hildinger

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/

The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page