Re: What is out Computering power?

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Tue, 06 May 97 00:48:04 -0500

On Tue, 06 May 1997 01:12:11 -0400, Nathan D. T. Boyd wrote:
>I have a dual Pentium Pro 200 system. During the day, I leave one
>deschal6 process running, and it usually takes 2280-2290 seconds to do
>2^30 keys (niceness '1' -- I can't even tell it's running).

What happens when you run 2 processes w/ appropriate nice settings? It
should still not give you a performance hit.

>I am not going to consider over-clocking my CPU -- my system was
>designed to run at 200 Mhz and so it shall run at 200 Mhz. I do not
>believe that doing so is risk-free.

To each his own. I've overclocked a lot of different CPU's and don't
think there's much risk, but you'd probably be more likely to run into
problems with a dual CPU system.

Colin L. Hildinger

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/