Re: Deshall creating an Electron Hurricane in my Processor!!!

Benjamin L. Peterson (bpeters2@nd.edu)
Tue, 6 May 1997 01:29:25 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

>2 things will cause problems on my system on really hot days if the A/C
>gets behind and the room gets warm (my computer's in a poorly
>ventilated corner):
>
>1) Quake ;-)
>2) Deschall
>
>Both run the CPU flat out. Otherwise, it runs fine. I currently have
>a box fan that I can turn on if the room's warm and haven't had a crash
>since I aimed it at the computer.

Just make sure the fan's arm's length or more away from computer
electronics or storage media. I know someone who had her monitor go up in
smoke from the magnetic interference caused by a small fan.

/* Benjamin Peterson   Computer Science Senior,  University of Notre Dame */
/* E-mail Benjamin.L.Peterson.35@nd.edu  or  bpeters2@plato.helios.nd.edu */