RE: Deshall creating an Electron Hurricane in my Processor!!!

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Tue, 06 May 97 01:25:39 -0500

On Mon, 5 May 1997 22:45:54 -0700, Adam Haberlach wrote:

> Hmm--I wasn't aware that most of the processers that we're
>using have a power saving or halt mode. I know that the one in
>my pilot can go into a very deep sleep, and that the
>laptop-targeted pentiums use very little power, but I thought
>that was a specialty thing...

Actually, I think APM will slow down the CPU on most systems now.
Remember people complaining about poorer performance when their system
was idle?

Colin L. Hildinger

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/