Re: dean of students and Deschall...

Tue, 6 May 1997 15:01:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, a psychedelic psychopath wrote:

> how much
> does does it actually send? give me exact numbers.

Let's err on the high side. Assume 100 bytes per mesage, assume every
message times out, and is thus sent twice. Assume your system ramps up to
30min/block. That means you're doing 48 blocks/day, which is 96 messages.
That's 9600 bytes per day.

That would fit onto 2 pages of normally printed text (80cols, 66rows). So,
you're generating the equivilant of 1 email message per day, per host. Ask
you admins how many email messages are run through their mailserver every
day to compare this with.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
Let me be by myself in the evening breeze, / Listen to the murmur of the
cottonwood trees, / Send me off forever, but I ask you, please, / Don't
fence me in. -- Cole Porter's "Don't Fence Me In"