re: when will intel show off the Pentium II...

Seth Johnson (sjohnson@smart.net)
Wed, 7 May 1997 16:36:12 -0400 (EDT)

RE: Ultra 4000 and Pixar
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 12:39:49 -0700
From:
Adam Haberlach <HaberlaA@testlab.orst.edu>
To:
"'Jim Bowden'" <bowdenj@iquest.net>, Lee Sheridan
<lsherida@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
CC:
deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com

- -----Original Message-----
From: Jim Bowden [SMTP:bowdenj@iquest.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 1997 10:04 AM
To: Lee Sheridan
Cc: deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com
Subject: Re: Ultra 4000 and Pixar

>> Forget that! The real question is "Does anyone know anyone
>at Sun?"
>Sun is already in the running with deschall.

Now, can we get Intel to demonstrate their 300Mhz Pentium IIs
on Deschall?

hmmm.. interesting that someone other than myself has noticed the lack of
participation from intel.com. I would have expected them to pop Deschall
onto one of their flashy new machines, but I have yet to see them report
in the top twenty Deschall rankings.

With the availability of the Macintosh client, Claris.com and Apple.com
have suddenly leapt to the top five corporate domains participating.
Considering this performance, as well as the large footprint of Apple
hardware on campuses, I would hope developing a more efficient Mac client
would be a priority for the Deschall team.

Seth

Seth Johnson
512.480.9398 home
512.908.8000 work