Re: Graphing glitches?

Dan Oetting (oetting@gldfs.cr.usgs.gov)
Wed, 7 May 1997 16:57:51 -0600

Dean Mills, <devbahn@geocities.com> wrote:
>Greetings All,
>
>Sorry if this is a FAQ, but was wondering why my domain is not appearing
>in the daily stats? Perhaps it takes a few days? I've been running the
>client 24/7 for about 3 days now, and was wondering how long it took to
>see your domain graphed. Thanks for any info.

You didn't say what your domain (or IP address) was. I checked DNS and the
geocioties.com and cablelan.net name servers are not reverse mapping
addresses so your stats would show up under the your IP address. I also
checked for stats of any IP address registered in the geocities.com domain
with no suceess.

My conclusion is that you host IP address is not in one of the nets 24.64,
192.216, 204.241, 204.7, 205.180, 206.168 or 206.184. Or someone has
already requested that your net be anonymous.

Whats really interesting is:

# whois 192.216.0.0
Sorry, you shouldn't see this record.

So I suggest you go next door and ask the CIA or NSA agents what your nets
anonymous name is so you can see your stats.

-- Dan Oetting <oetting@gldfs.cr.usgs.gov>