Re: Graphing glitches?

Jason Gmoser (noggle@isoc.net)
Wed, 07 May 1997 23:25:54 GMT

On Wed, 7 May 1997 16:57:51 -0600, you wrote:

>You didn't say what your domain (or IP address) was. I checked DNS and the
>geocioties.com and cablelan.net name servers are not reverse mapping
>addresses so your stats would show up under the your IP address. I also
>checked for stats of any IP address registered in the geocities.com domain
>with no suceess.
>
>My conclusion is that you host IP address is not in one of the nets 24.64,
>192.216, 204.241, 204.7, 205.180, 206.168 or 206.184. Or someone has
>already requested that your net be anonymous.
>
>Whats really interesting is:
>
> # whois 192.216.0.0
> Sorry, you shouldn't see this record.
>
>So I suggest you go next door and ask the CIA or NSA agents what your nets
>anonymous name is so you can see your stats.

I can't comment about the above, but I do know that if you have web access, you
can go to a page to find out what your IP address is. You can then take those
last 2 numbers there as your domain. www.direcpc.com/users/inside.cgi will tell
you that you are not using a valid direcpc ip address and display it for you. I
found this useful on my school's computers because they got mad at me trying to
find out what they were and this was my only recourse. Oh well. I still can't
connect to them from my house.

Jason Gmoser
noggle@isoc.net