Re: Address of gateway

Wed, 7 May 1997 19:38:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Aaron Williams wrote:

> What is the port and address of the gateway? I have tried
>
> deschall-gateway.verser.frii.com port 2345
>
> but I am unable to connect. I am using the tcp_to_udp perl gateway
> script.

This should be correct. If you're using the script, you *probably* won't
need to do anything other that (1) run the script with no command line
arguments and (2) point the DESCHALL client to the system running the
tcp_to_udp perl gateway.

If your site is security-paranoid, the TCP connections may still be
blocked. In that case, the best workaround is to use your sites Web proxy
(if you have one). You can just specify the proxy and port on the
commandline.

If both of these fail, edit the the top of the gateway to set $DEBUG to 1,
and mail me the output.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.
-- Aldo Leopold