Re: Client ID?

Dean Mills (dmills@cablelan.net)
Thu, 08 May 97 11:08:34

On Thu, 8 May 1997 10:28:03 -0700, TC Lai wrote:

Hi TC,

>I'm curious - is there any way of determining how many of each client we
>currently have in use?
>These stats might be a good tool to enlist OS partisans in the race to break
>DES (ie, MacintoshOS, Linux, NT users.)

I first saw this URL yesterday.
http://www.des.sollentuna.se/stat/platforms.html

While it's not the number of clients, you can tell right away (updated
every 1/2 hour) which platform is "pulling it's weight" and which one
needs help. It inspired me anyway. I started with 1 machine doing
midnight to 8AM, then I noticed OS/2 was down in the numbers, and now
have 3 machines going 24/7, and another 5 going online today, just for
DESChall, so point any OS advocates and zealots from any OS camp to
that URL and tell them you want platform X to be # 5 by Monday! :)
(OS/2 was 15 or 16 last week, it's now 11, so it is possible).

Dean Mills, DevBahn Archiver/Founder.

/* DevBahn - OS/2 Programming Sanctuary */
/* devbahn@geocities.com */
/* http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8867/ */
/* DevBahn - OS/2 Game Programming Sanctuary */
/* devbahn-games@geocities.com */
/* http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8678/ */