Re: Windows TCP/IP LAN

Collin Ong (collin@mcd.intel.com)
Thu, 8 May 1997 11:08:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Dan Oetting wrote:

> What we really need is a caching proxy gateway for intranets that don't
> have 24/7 access to the internet. What we don't need is users hogging
> dialup lines just to run DESCHALL. If the internet dialup access providers
> find out whats happening they may start blocking udp access to the deschall
> port.

I agree. At home, I'm living in fear of my ISP killing me or my
connection since I have been almost continuously logged in running the
deschall client. Since it takes my machine about 44 min to run a 2^29
block, it would make sense for the client to disconnect once it gets the
key block, then reconnect to send the results and get a new block.

Is this possible? I'm running the PowerMac client at home in case
somebody wants to take this on.

Collin