RE: Windows TCP/IP LAN

David Ward (djw@bitsmart.com)
Thu, 8 May 1997 15:51:51 -0400

I agree- full access is full access. If you are living in fear, just =
imagine what ISPs put up with re: alt.pictures.binaries.erotica.etc... =
Don't worry.

Thanks again for the responses, but I still do not know what a UDP is or =
how the heck to configure one in Win95. Anyone?

--David Ward

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Langasek [SMTP:vorlon@dodds.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 1997 2:50 PM
To: deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com
Subject: Re: Windows TCP/IP LAN

If the ISP is offering full access with no time limits, they ought well =
expect complaints if they tried to block a port or limit a user's =
connect
time. I can't see any sane sysadmin blocking a udp port to free up the
modem bank... But then again, when was the last time I saw a sane
sysadmin? :)

In any case, there are programs available which will autodial... I =
don't
know what there is for the PowerMac, though. I'm sure one of the Mac
people will chime in soon enough. :)

-Steve Langasek

Help crack DES today!
http://friley72.res.iastate.edu/des/deschall.html