Re: Client ID?

Dean Mills (dmills@cablelan.net)
Thu, 08 May 97 15:47:03

On Thu, 8 May 1997 14:58:11 -0700, Karl J. Runge wrote:

Hiya Karl,

>Hi, I'm the one working on that, I've signed a NDA with Rocke to protect
>the anonymous hosts and now have a prototype that parses Rocke's RCV logs.
>Works OK on a small (~ 3-5%) subset of all the logs he sent me.
>I'm about 1/2 way done with the HTML spitter. After I access all of the
>logs and pass things by Rocke I'll have a prototype to show you all.

Great to hear! I can't wait myself! :)

> It runs slowly and sucks up alot of RAM here on my tiny 486's (Only
> 16MB RAM avail). Furthermore, I have a modem connection and not much
> disk space and the log files are LARGE. I have worked out an
> arrangement to use another machine, but that may fall thru.
> Anyone out there with a P5-P6, >32MB RAM >700MB HD free, fast net
> connection I can run this on daily? You may have to sign an NDA
> with Rocke, but I am not sure.

I've got a P-166 w/ 64MB w/ about 1.5GB free space, on a 24/7 cable
modem connection (10x faster than dialup usually). I'll sign over my
eye teeth to help out! I'm running OS/2, but can do DOS, Win3.x, and am
willing to try just about naything else as well! By next week above
machine will be a PPro 200 w/128MB and another 2.3GB of HD. Lemme know
if you need some cycles :)

>I'm aiming for releasing preliminary stats this weekend. Wish me luck!

Good luck, lemme know if we can be of help.

Dean Mills, DevBahn Archiver/Founder.

/* DevBahn - OS/2 Programming Sanctuary */
/* devbahn@geocities.com */
/* http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8867/ */
/* DevBahn - OS/2 Game Programming Sanctuary */
/* devbahn-games@geocities.com */
/* http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8678/ */