Re: Client ID?

Ronald Van Iwaarden (rrt0136@ibm.net)
Fri, 09 May 97 09:29:55

On Thu, 08 May 97 22:28:29 -0500, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

>On Thu, 8 May 1997 20:00:56 PST, Aaron Williams wrote:
>
>>One thing I would like to see is the idle priority of the OS/2 deschall
>>changed from +31 to around +5. At +31 it seems to have some interaction
>>problems with the WPS (which has an idle priority thread running at
>>+25).
>
>BTW - why not reprioritize it yourself? There are utilities to do
>this.

I don't know of an free utilities for changing the priority of a _running_
process. There are several that launch a process at a given priority but
the deschal client then changes it's own priority, regardless of what it
was launched at.

--Ron
o Ronald Van Iwaarden | Work to live;
/\ Hope College | Live to bike;
_`\ `_<=== Holland MI 49423 | Bike to work!
__(_)/_(_)___.-._ voice : (616)355-7120 | http://www.cs.hope.edu/~rvaniwaa/