Re: sollentuna in deschall rankings

Chris D. Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Fri, 9 May 1997 12:09:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Dan Oetting wrote:

> "Daniel Berlin" <bmdberlin@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >was looking at the rankings for yesterday this morning
> > 28672*2^20 1 sollentuna.se.hmmm.Besides the obvious question of
> >"don't they have their own challenge?", the other one is How the heck they
> >got the client, without someone doing a little international arms
> >trafficking
>
> They're just tracking our progress so they don't repeat the keys we already
> tested. By keeping ahead of us in the selected keys to process even if we
> are 20% faster they would have an 80% chance of finding the key first! I
> trust (hope) Rocke thought about this.

We should probably respond to this offense by starting to assign different
numbers as well as blocking requests from their domain. I'm uncomfortable
knowing that they're even allowed to puruse our mailing list.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.