RE: sollentuna in deschall rankings

Adam D. Woodbury (woodbad@blee.net)
Fri, 9 May 1997 12:39:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Hagander Magnus wrote:

> >>was looking at the rankings for yesterday this morning
> >> 28672*2^20 1 sollentuna.se.hmmm.Besides the obvious question of
> >>"don't they have their own challenge?", the other one is How the heck they
> >>got the client, without someone doing a little international arms
> >>trafficking
> >
> >They're just tracking our progress so they don't repeat the keys we already
> >tested. By keeping ahead of us in the selected keys to process even if we
> >are 20% faster they would have an 80% chance of finding the key first! I
> >trust (hope) Rocke thought about this.
> >
> I would like to clearify what Fredrik said before - this is _not_ what
> we are doing.

Okay, I usually dont email to lists alot because I hate wasting
bandwidth, so on this occasion I ask you to read what I have to say.
We should all remind ourselves what we are doing this for, fame glory
and money, yes, but the main point is a message to the US government, and the
world: DES is unsafe.

This project embodies cooperation on a scope too often unrealized.
Thousands of people are donating their time and resources to a single,
peacefull, and for the most part uncompensated effort. Lets work
together, and leave political borders behind us.

Adam Woodbury

p.s. Just as a note, I am involved in both efforts. I am a US citizen
and from an early date DESCHALL has been running on my computers in the
states. However, being in Germany at the moment, I have computers here
running SolNet clients. :)

---
Adam D. Woodbury              "I want her love for the fool I am -
woodbad@blee.net                            or not at all."
                                              - Edmond Rostand
       Crack DES NOW!   http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm