Re: The end is near?

Ronald Van Iwaarden (rrt0136@ibm.net)
Fri, 09 May 97 17:15:20

On Fri, 9 May 1997 13:13:16 -0800 (PDT), Karl J. runge wrote:

>> Hmm..Looking at the stats for the past three days, I see each day has =
>> reduced the estimated completion time by two weeks. With 22 weeks left, =
>> we should be done in roughly 10-11 days! Gotta love that exponential =
>> growth!
>>
>> (Ok, ok, I'm an EE, not a math major, so I'm sure someone will do the =
>> math to prove me wrong.. But the end sure does seem to be coming fast.)
>
>An outdated plot (from Sunday) shows the expected completion dates
>(50% on Jun 10). I will try to remember to update it this weekend.

Also notice:

1%-2% is 9 days
2%-3% is 6 days
3%-4% is 4 days
4%-5% estimated at 3 days

The rate of change appears to be a function of the number of keys completed
so far indicating we are still in the exponential stage.

--Ron
o Ronald Van Iwaarden | Work to live;
/\ Hope College | Live to bike;
_`\ `_<=== Holland MI 49423 | Bike to work!
__(_)/_(_)___.-._ voice : (616)355-7120 | http://www.cs.hope.edu/~rvaniwaa/