Re: Secondary server...

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Fri, 9 May 1997 23:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Corbett J. Klempay wrote:

> Now that it appears that the original server is running at max capacity,
> how does it work for Rocke bringing online the additional one? What kind
> of machine is the secondary he has referred to in the past? I must
> say...it's quite impressive that it has taken this many clients to
> saturate this server. (8700+, not counting ones hidden behind firewalls)
> I bet SolNet wishes they had server-side setups like this! :)

I originally thought that the new clients just released were swamping the
server with 2.2+x the requests, but now I believe it was simply a problem
at frii.. After all, they've had one difficulty before during this
project's course. (Everyone should be allowed a times at least.) That is
except for AOL. That was inexcusable that they thought their capacity
would be sufficient. But that's a whole different story...

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.