Re: School getting out

Karl J. Runge (runge@crl.com)
Sat, 10 May 1997 13:00:28 -0700

On Sat, 10 May 1997, "C. Alan Wilkes" <gt4776d@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Looking at the Rankings by domain, I see that within three days, Ga.
> Tech has gone from 425 to 700. But I suspect that when this quarter is
> over on the 13th of June, most of those people participating will have
> left or already be gone. Some people may be going to a different domain
> on their home ISP, but personally I can't tie up our only phone line all
> day. Ethernet in the dorms certainly has it's advantages!

I've updated the Exponential fit plot, and predicted end dates.

http://jfku.edu/~runge/desfit.gif

I'm amazed that we are still on the exponential! If it holds
(3-4 more doublings) we'll be 50% thru the keyspace on Jun 12.

Karl

PS (I'm working on the stats, whew alot of work processing these logs!
hope to have a prototype out soon)