RE: Server Keyspace Sizes

dpush (dpush@mindspring.com)
Mon, 12 May 1997 12:13:18 -0500

At 10:50 AM -0400 5/12/97, Dakidd wrote:
>>Btw: for the mac junkies out there, could one of you please e-mail me and
>>tell me how to kill the mac deschall client? I was running it for a few
>>minutes in a lab here at school, and couldn't get rid of the thing, except
>>by hard-resetting the machine. Even "Shutdown" wasn't working.
>

>A Mac user here:
>
>Near as I can tell, the only way to kill it is with a forced-quit
>(Cmd-Opt-Esc) sequence, and even that leaves me with a system that will
>probably crash a few minutes later. It's not very "quit-friendly" at all.

Hi Dakidd,

This may be true for 68k macs. But I have never had problem with a force
quit unless the reason for the force quit try was because of a system
lock-up or crash. Then, a force quit doesn't always quit.I believe its a
simple apple event call. YMMV.

(new optimized for 601&604 versions available. 2^22-73secs old, 2^22-57secs
new :-)
http://www.research.megasoft.com/deschall/des-dist/
:::7200/75/601/256kL2/32MB/non-essentials stripped:::