Re: Stats?

Karl J. Runge (runge@crl.com)
Mon, 12 May 1997 09:56:27 -0700

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Corey Betka <betka@tvd0074.urh.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Is something wrong with the stats machine? Us uiucer's are dying
> to know if we held the lead....

I keep saying this, but soon! I lost some data over the weekend and
also did a rewrite of certain parts to pack things tighter, to lower
both RAM and HD static storage footprints. I would have put a "teaser"
demo of the pages yesterday, but I could only show Rocke since I still
have to be careful about the anonymous users.

All I can say is that in my test runs UIUC seems to be at the top
of most of the rankings I generate (but I still haven't processed
the most recent logs).

And in case you didn't notice, yes, I was cringing when you and gatech
folks were bickering about 20000
out of: 20000000

Yow! my tallies only agree with Rocke's to 0.2-1.0% I don't think I can
answer such questions accurately (unless all of your machines never
need to resend a udp packet)...

Karl