Re: Running deschall under 95 with no one logged in

Benjamin L. Peterson (bpeters2@nd.edu)
Tue, 13 May 1997 22:14:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Rick Hornsby wrote:

>[windows]
>load=c:\website\httpd32.exe
>run=C:\PROGRA~1\SLMAIL\SLMAIL95.EXE
>
>this loads my mail and web servers whether a user logs in or not, so that
>they are always running. I'm not sure what the difference between load and
>run is, maybe someone else could fill that part in? Also - what is the
>syntax to add another program to either of those? Is it seperate by a
>comma, semi-colon maybe? :)

Back in Win 3.1 the "load=" line ran things minimized, and the "run=" line
ran them normally. Multiple programs could be run by just adding them,
sperated by spaces.
e.g. "load=c:\website\httpd32.exe c:\deschall\desgui.exe"

It may be the same in Win '95.

-Ben

/* Benjamin Peterson   Computer Science Senior,  University of Notre Dame */
/* E-mail Benjamin.L.Peterson.35@nd.edu  or  bpeters2@plato.helios.nd.edu */