Re: Win95 GUI front-end

Andrew DeKoning (Andrew.J.Dekoning-1@tc.umn.edu)
Wed, 14 May 1997 21:03:08 -0500

I get about 8.5 seconds for a 2^22 block when I run deschall alone and
25+ seconds when I run then GUI, I think that making the ppp connection
before the block is done is taking up some processor and slowing down
deschall a substantial amount, but 16 seconds seems a little large.
That's my current theory anyway...

Another question, is there any way you could add in a way to specify a
delay before dialing? I ask because we have a voicemail system here
that give us notification of messages when you pick up the phone.
DESgui determines that this means there is no dialtone and therefore
can't connect. If I could pause it until after the voice is finished it
would work fine. I can disable the detect dial tone in the options for
my modem, but then if someone is talking on the phone they are
interrupted by th modem and my roommates don't appreciate that very
much.

Thanks...

-Andy