Re: Win95 GUI front-end

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Thu, 15 May 1997 00:14:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Andrew DeKoning wrote:

[snip]

> Another question, is there any way you could add in a way to specify a
> delay before dialing? I ask because we have a voicemail system here
> that give us notification of messages when you pick up the phone.
> DESgui determines that this means there is no dialtone and therefore
> can't connect. If I could pause it until after the voice is finished it
> would work fine. I can disable the detect dial tone in the options for
> my modem, but then if someone is talking on the phone they are
> interrupted by th modem and my roommates don't appreciate that very
> much.

On most modems you can simply change the phone number to read: w1234567
and the modem will wait for a dial-tone for about 30 seconds and then
dial. If it doesn't get one it fails. So the output to modem should look
like so:

ATDTW5600000

Hope that helps out!

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.