Re: Question: Timed out blocks:

John Moran (jondar@fast.net)
Thu, 15 May 1997 10:05:37 -0400

At 8:38 AM -0400 5/15/97, andrew meggs wrote:
>On Thu, 15 May 1997, Dakidd wrote:
>
>> Personally, if I had the code to play with, I'd go with the notion of
>> bringing up the UDP connection from scratch and then close it down
>> completely each time I went after a key-block or reported results to the
>> server.
>
>For various other reasons it was necessary to make that change for the
>MacOS client to be able to use multiprocessing, but you guys won't get to
>play with that version for a few days yet.

Hmmm...maybe this will help with the problem I've been having too. I've
never been able to get FreePPP to reconnect automatically to my ISP when
the client has completed a block. Maybe rebuilding the connection will
resolve this.

Looking forward to trying the new client on my 8500/120 tonight...thanks
for the efforts, Andrew!

--John

.sig out to lunch - be back soon