Dialup problems

Fri, 16 May 1997 12:30:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Lee Larson wrote:

> What the new client really needs is a fix for the problem that you can't
> drop a PPP conection and get reconnected to the key server when you
> re-dial after the computation. There was some discussion of this
> yesterday.

Are people who are experiencing this problem waiting very long? Or are you
getting errors, or what? The client, if it doesn't receive an immediate
reply from the server, will start waiting longer and longer before it
retransmits. IIRC, the upper limit is something like 10 or 20 minutes.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
". . . my purpose is not to examine all the possibilities. My purpose is to
create strife and controversy for no reason." Dave Barry