Re: what is an Unknown Error (22) in DESChallMac?

andrew meggs (insect@antennahead.com)
Fri, 16 May 1997 14:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 May 1997, The Prince of Wishful Thinking wrote:

> Got a question. What is this?:
>
> Selftest passed
> Program version: V0.214 May 144 1997 18:38:50
> bind: Unknown Error (22)

22 is "EINVAL", which means an invalid parameter, but I've seen this
returned for other reasons as well. Basically, something went wrong in
setting up your network connection. If you (or anyone else) is getting
this consistently but you have no problems running other TCP/IP programs,
write me. If not, I'm inclined to dismiss it as a transient protocol error
or somesuch.

Andrew