Re: chaining proxys

James Deaton (jed@onenet.net)
Fri, 16 May 1997 16:02:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Eating Before Swimming wrote:

<snip>
> Watch out onenet.net, we're gonna beatcha as #1 non-.edu effort! ;)
> (the whole deschall effort isnt about competition, but if a friendly
> competitive air is generated which gets MORE machines online, then
> what the hoek!)

I'd hoped it would get some of you going. ;) We're using 15 machines (48
UltraSparc processors, 12 SuperSparc) and we're excited that we're able to
help out. Of course, we're extremely upset that a bit-splice method won't
be available til Solaris 2.6. We could really be a contender then. ;)

I was prodded by a university (oru.edu) to begin this and am hoping to do
my share (of prodding) to some of the other Oklahoma universities. Heck,
maybe we could even begin looking at this at a state level. Ah, probably
too difficult to manage with the logs. Oh well, if I get really ambitious
I may add ~40 more SuperSparcs. I believe the key is to brag about your
ranking to someone with decent facilities, believe me...it got me going.
8*)

James E Deaton | ONENET | jed@onenet.net
800 NE 15th Suite 532 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
Phone: 405-815-1410 | KC5PRQ | Fax: 405-522-0823