Re: Dialup problems

Dakidd (dakidd@mindspring.com)
Fri, 16 May 1997 19:27:37 -0400

>On Fri, 16 May 1997, Lee Larson wrote:
>
>> What the new client really needs is a fix for the problem that you can't
>> drop a PPP conection and get reconnected to the key server when you
>> re-dial after the computation. There was some discussion of this
>> yesterday.
>
>Are people who are experiencing this problem waiting very long? Or are you
>getting errors, or what? The client, if it doesn't receive an immediate
>reply from the server, will start waiting longer and longer before it
>retransmits. IIRC, the upper limit is something like 10 or 20 minutes.

I've left the client doing its thing for over an hour after manually
re-opening the PPP connection for it, and had exactly ZERO success with
getting it to reconnect.

For me, it's simple: If the PPP connection isn't open when it tries the
first time, kiss off the block. Do not pass go, do not collect $200

Dakidd@mindspring.com +------------------------------+
+---------------------------------+ |Do you ever get the feel that |
|I will choose a path that's clear| or |the story's too damn real and |
|I will choose free will -Rush | |in the present tense? -J. Tull|