Re: Dialup problems

Fri, 16 May 1997 22:46:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Dakidd wrote:

> This just makes me more certain that the problem is stale "my address
> is..." information.

Well, I'm no Mac expert, but it's almost certainly due to how the Mac
handles network connections. None of the other platforms seem to have a
problem with this, so far as I've heard. Once you've bound a socket,
you're set for life.

Of course, this is no excues to pawn off a "broken" client to dialup
Mac users. As Andrew said, the problem should be fixed shortly. We aim to
please. :-)

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
-- Henry David Thoreau