RE: Win95 Dialup - FIX

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Sat, 17 May 1997 16:56:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 May 1997, David Ward wrote:

>> I have a Win 95 system running DESGui and DESChall4. My problem is that
>> if I have voicemail it won't dial out. I set it to not check for
>> dialtone and it works fine. However if I'm talking on the phone the
>> computer breaks in and dials. It's highly disturbing is there any
>> workaround?

> I am not an expert, but I believe there is a modem command that causes
> the modem to wait before checking for dialtone. That way it skips over
> the voice mail sign. If you can't find it in your manual, I am sure
> someone on the list can give more detail.

Once again, to pass up these kinds of tones, place a "w" before the number
to dial. This will make MOST modems "W"ait for a dial-tone before dialing
for about 15 seconds rather than a default 1-2. It was added for this
very reason.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.