Re: Gateway question

Jason Gmoser (noggle@isoc.net)
Tue, 20 May 1997 20:34:13 GMT

On Tue, 20 May 1997 15:13:44 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>> I was wondering how I can use a unix host as a firewall the way I use
>> winproxy on my windows machine.... Basically I have access to one of
>> the machines on the network, and in order to have deschall communicate
>> with the outside world it has to go through that machine.
>
>See the last section in the DESCHALL FAQ. I think we've got exactly what
>you want.

Well I looked, I don't know if that'll help me or not... The computer I have
access to is behind a firewall, but the other computers connected to it can only
get out through that computer... I need to have that computer behind the
firewall act as a firewall. All I need is something to set the computer I have
access to as a firewall only using 8669 UDP.

Jason Gmoser
noggle@isoc.net