Re: Gateway question

Tue, 20 May 1997 19:27:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Jason Gmoser wrote:

> Well I looked, I don't know if that'll help me or not... The computer I
> have access to is behind a firewall, but the other computers connected
> to it can only get out through that computer...

The UDP to TCP gateway described in the FAQ is, from what you describe,
exactly what you want. The clients talk to the gateway via UDP, and the
gateway talks to the outside world via TCP. In other words, the clients
are connecting to the gateway, and the gateway forwards the request.
You're all set, assuming the clients are able to talk to the computer
running the gateway, and the computer running the gateway can talk to the
outside world.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
And then, the world blew up. (Far Side cartoon)