Re: Unix frontend for deschall?

James Kane (jfk2@nwark.com)
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:07:56 -0500

At 01:55 PM 5/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> With all the talk of DESgui, I was wondering if anyone's done any sort
>> of frontend for Unix systems. If not, would anyone be interested if I
>> wrote one in my copious ;) spare time?
>
>Considering the multi-user, multi-architecture, and network environment of
> [description of WFU]
If you are allowed to run your clients 24/7, WFU looks like it would work
fine. In the deal I worked out for running deschall on a group of suns,
though, I'm only allowed to run from midnight to 8am. I threw together a
quick perl script called from cron to start and stop the process on each
machine. Nothing fancy, but it works. It also has the beginnings of a
central log collection system, but if you know how to use it you've
probably already written your own scripts. Email me if you'd like a copy.

James
James Kane III Just Another Happy Perl Hacker
jfk2@nwark.com "Si vis pacem para bellum"
Interface Computer Center, LLC 501-582-5100