Re: The people at iastate.edu

Johnny Rollerfeet (etrigan@eden.com)
Thu, 22 May 1997 14:53:15 -0500 (CDT)

> On Thu, 22 May 1997, Gene Nelson wrote:
>
> > Someone who knows the people over at iastate.edu needs to tell them that
> > they are helping out the wrong effort. I just checked the other
> > coordinated efforts page, and according to their stats, iastate.edu
> > domain has 644 hosts working for them.

Thanks for letting me know! I'd rather be working on the !USA!
effort, but since I can't run the Deschall client behind my p.o.b's
firewall, I can work on Solnet's.

(I only have access to NT and '95 machines, and I can't figure out
how to get UDP past the f/w.)

All the cracking efforts focus on higher-end users with access to
powerful (and/or multiple) machines, but Deschall seems to focus
on people with admin access. that limits who can/will run the client.

When someone creates (or explains) a simple way for '95/NT users
to get around firewalls, then you will broaden your user-base.