Re: K6 clients?

Andrew Henshaw (andrew.henshaw@gtri.gatech.edu)
Fri, 23 May 97 09:09:32 -0500

On Thu, 22 May 1997 16:53:19 -0400, Jester wrote:

>Hello, I was curious if by any chance work was being done to produce
>a K6 optimized client? I've found that the pentium pro client is the
>fastest on my K6200 under NT, but I'm sure there's some sort of performance
>hit. It seems that w/ the K6 having faster integer performance over the
>Intel line, it may be a worthwhile venture to cook something up.

I'd be interested in this also. My 200 MHz Pentium is getting 950K keys/s
while the 200 MHz K6 is only getting 830K keys/s. I would expect
for this problem that the K6 could do better.

Andrew M. Henshaw voice: (404) 894-2508
Research Engineer ELSYS/SEV fax: (404) 894-7206
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Atlanta, GA 30332-0840 andrew.henshaw@gtri.gatech.edu
** For PGP Public Key, send email with subject 'Send PGP Key' **