Re: win95

Dave Ahn (ahn@indigo2.rad.bgsm.edu)
Fri, 23 May 1997 12:24:18 -0400 (EDT)

> On Fri, 23 May 1997, Jason Gmoser wrote:
>
> Let's see, my single 180MHz R5000 chip is pumping out oh about 870k k/s
> according to the IRIX SGI client. 8-) That's more keys/megahertz than the
> first guy's machine. (The client also runs up to about 2604 seconds for
> a 2^30 keyblock, or 5209 seconds for a 3^31 block.)
>
> And of course, if we had an engineer at SGI do a touch of assembly code,
> this could probably still be about 30% faster for the MIPS/IRIX platform.

The 195MHz R10000 chip does around 1900k/s using the bitslice client.
If an SGI engineer were to hand tune this in assembly, I wonder how much
faster it could be...

--
Dave Ahn,  ahn@vec.bgsm.edu             "When you were born you cried, and the
           ahn@indigo2.rad.bgsm.edu      world rejoiced.  Try to live your life