Re: Problems with deschall Unix client?

Andy Church (achurch@dragonfire.net)
Fri, 23 May 1997 14:09:44 EDT

>One of the SUNs at work crashed while this was running, and they
>subsequently terminated the deschall project throughout the building,
>believing it was the cause of the crash. Anyone else seen something
>similar? (no, I don't have any details on how it was running, what
>version, what the system was like, etc.)

I only run Linux deschall, but I can't imagine how it could cause a
crash on any system. Tell them to read the BugTraq mailing list; there've
been a number of interesting ways to crash Suns mentioned there recently,
any of which is more likely than deschall to cause the problem.

--Andy Church | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
achurch@dragonfire.net | of communication, then it desperately
www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.