Re: Problems with deschall Unix client?

Stephen Langasek (vorlon@dodds.net)
Fri, 23 May 1997 14:33:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 23 May 1997, David E. Eison wrote:

> One of the SUNs at work crashed while this was running, and they
> subsequently terminated the deschall project throughout the building,
> believing it was the cause of the crash. Anyone else seen something
> similar? (no, I don't have any details on how it was running, what
> version, what the system was like, etc.)

If you mean, has anyone seen something similar to blatant ignorance and an
inability to reason clearly on the part of individuals purporting to be
competent sysadmins, then yes, I see it almost daily.

As for deschall crashing a unix system--no. Doesn't happen. :)

-Steve Langasek

Help crack DES today!
http://friley72.res.iastate.edu/des/deschall.html

-doink-