RE: win95

Bruce Luckcuck (BLuckcuck@idgbooks.com)
Fri, 23 May 1997 15:03:36 -0500

On a Compaq Proliant 5000 dual 200mhz PentiumPro we average around 2150
seconds for 2^30 keys per processor. Running two instances of the
client does not seem to affect the run time per client. This machine is
also a production PDC, DHCP and WINS server so sometimes the process
time varies with system activity. By the way, the 200mhz 604e PPC MacOS
client smokes the 200mhz PentiumPro Win client (1200 kk/sec to 1000
kk/sec).

Bruce Luckcuck
IDG Books Worldwide (idgbooks.com)
bluckcuck@idgbooks.com

*** Over 1 trillion keys processed by IDG Books on 5/20! (Number 48 in
the domain rankings)